Friday, May 19, 2017

Wild, Wonderful, Wearable Art Show

Hello Fashionistas!

It was so much fun to be a part of a Wearable Art Fashion Show last weekend.  The show was part of Westville Village's Artwalk 2017 in New Haven.  I decided to make an outfit entirely out of upcycled plastic bags for the show.  My original design was a sheath dress, but I ended up modifying it to become a two piece outfit.

This was a lengthy process!  First, I had to make the plastic yarn by cutting up plastic grocery bags.  I had a few Maid of the Mist ponchos left over from a recent vacation, so I decided to use those, too.



I added the waistband and then the buttons.  Because I knew the outfit would ultimately be worn by a model, I had to make sure it would fit any number of body shapes. 



I decided on a wrap style skirt, which could be fastened securely at any point along the skirt, creating either a larger or a smaller size.  For the top, I decided to go with a bustier style that could again be fitted to a larger or a smaller size.


I was so pleased with the result, even more so after seeing it on a model!  Gorgeous!


And that, as they say, is a wrap! 

See you again soon,

Marsha

No comments: