Thursday, January 11, 2018

Celebration of American Crafts

Hello again!

It certainly is holiday time, and lots of folks are shopping local.  I am proud to have been selected to participate in the 48th Annual Celebration of American Crafts at Creative Arts Workshop in New Haven, Connecticut.  This is a holiday exhibit and sale of the best handmade crafts by makers from New England and across the country.  The event is greatly anticipated regionally, attracting buyers from throughout Connecticut and parts of metropolitan New York and western Massachusetts.

I am showing my original, upcycled wool potholders.  Each potholder is felted, hand-cut and hand-embroidered with wool yarn.  The wool material is naturally flame-resistant and the potholders can be machine washed.

Here are a few that are being exhibited:


And here's what they look like in the gallery shop:


Thanks for reading my blog today!

 **Quick update - I just heard that all of my potholders sold!  Yay!**

Time to celebrate the holidays,

Marsha

No comments: