Saturday, June 16, 2018

Trashy Coral Reef


I'm so happy my Coral Reef has found a new home at Bio CT Innovation Commons, a lab, office, and event space in Southeast Coastal CT.  The call was for scientifically-themed art, and my piece turned out to be a perfect fit.  I made Trashy Coral Reef solely with single-use plastic bags.  It features the vibrant colors and unique sculptural shapes seen in living coral reefs -  wrinkles, pipes, tentacles, anemone, coral, sponges, tubes, and seaweed - all sculpted out of plastic bags.

It was a pleasure to make and I'm so glad it will be displayed in their space through January 2019!

The opening on Tuesday night was an absolute dream.  Wonderful people, great networking, and excellent food!


The future of our oceans' coral reefs depends on our ability to protect them. My hope is to raise awareness of the problem of the plastic bag and its impact on our natural environment.  

Thank you for taking a look!  Stop back again soon!

No comments: