Thursday, September 26, 2019

Birds, Bees and Their Flowers - Spectrum Gallery Show

What a wonderful, busy summer!  I'm so glad I was able to show my upcycled paint chip mobile at Spectrum Gallery for their summer show.  In the work, I used hundreds of small, colorful circles,  hand cut from paint chips and connected by paper clips to a large silver-covered embroidery hoop.  I added in little ladybugs I painted with watercolor.  The result was shiny, whimsical, playful, and definitely summery!  (see below).  

Spectrum Gallery, Essex, CT, Ladybugs on Painterly Petals. 2019



Spectrum Gallery, Essex, CT, Detail, Ladybugs on Painterly Petals, 2019

It's kind of hard to see the ladybugs on the piece.  Here are some close-ups:

Watercolor ladybugs
Lots of little ladybugs!

The best part of this project is that I was able to reuse the hand cut circles from a window installation I completed two years ago.  Yay!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: