Sunday, January 20, 2019

Natural Homes: Nests, Burrows, Caves & Trees

Hello Blog Readers!

This past summer, I got involved in recreating things that exist in the natural world, things like cobwebs, leaves, stones, and lichen.  I made a few bird nests and a groundhog burrow, too.  Each work was made with man-made materials, sometimes with plastic.

I submitted a few things to View Arts Center in Old Forge, New York, and I'm thrilled that two of my bird nests were accepted for exhibition.  The show, titled Natural Homes:  Nests, Burrows, Caves & Trees, runs through March 10, 2019.

Here are some detail views of my two bird nests:





I created these nests with a combination of crochet and weaving techniques.  I really love working in a free form style - they were an absolute joy to make. 

I had a chance to see the exhibition and I'll post photos of that visit soon.  

Thank you for taking a look!  

Warmly,

Marsha

No comments: