Thursday, January 9, 2020

A Throwback to 2018!

I was thrilled to be selected for a solo exhibit during 2018, titled Remixed:  A Kaleidoscope of Plastic, at Ives Gallery, New Haven Free Public Library (NHFPL), New Haven, Connecticut.  That show really opened up doors for me, most notably the opportunity to be a panel reviewer/juror for subsequent exhibitions there, but also an invitation to lead creative reuse programs at one of the libraries in the NHFPL system, Mitchell Library.

I am proud to be included in NHFPL's July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 Annual Report brochure, seen here in an excerpt from page 14 - 15, upper right corner:



It is a little easier to read if you go to the link here.  Just flip through to page 15.

I think the thing that makes me the happiest is knowing that my work with plastic bags helps raise awareness of the problem of plastic pollution, providing people the chance to see creative reuse in action.

Thanks for reading!


No comments: