Monday, November 30, 2020

New Knitting Session at Guilford Art Center

I'm jazzed to be teaching a class for new knitters at Guilford Art Center in 2021!  The class will focus on reviewing basic knit techniques - cast on, knit stitch, purl stitch, bind off - and provide friendly encouragement, especially to knitters who have not practiced their craft in a while.  The class will be held over 6 sessions and will be in person at the art center - which means all COVID safety protocols will be strictly followed.  

As I was looking through my photo archives for some knit inspiration, I came across a few projects I worked on some years ago.  Below is a snapshot of a pair of wrist warmers I made as a gift.  The pattern came from a book I absolutely adore, called Learn to Knit, Love to Knit by Anna Wilkinson.  This beautifully-photographed book comes with all sorts of colorful and interesting patterns to try.  Once my knitting class starts, I know I'll be inspired to try a few more patterns from the book.  For anyone looking to stretch their beginner skills, I highly recommend this book!

Wristwarmers from Learn to Knit, Love to Knit

The book!







Here is the link to my knitting class at Guilford Art Center - be sure to check it out.  Nice and Easy Knitting at Guilford Art Center

And as always - thanks for reading my blog entry today. 

No comments: