Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy 2021! And Cheers For Hand Sewn Historical Seams and More in the New Year!

2021 is here!  I'm looking forward to another year of making art, crafting and learning!

Hand Sewn Historical Seams with Sarah Woodyard 

Last month, I attended Sarah Woodyard's Hand Sewn Historical Seams class through Tatter Blue Textile Library in Brooklyn, NY.  What a class!  In addition to teaching us to sew the mantua-makers seam and an old German (flat-felled) seam, Sarah also discussed the historic application of these timeless seams.  

Here are a few photos of the stitches I worked on in class:

Hemming Practice

Stitches with Basting

And here are the samplers I worked on.  I labeled them after the class so I would remember how I made them:

Mantua Makers Seam
 
Flat Felled Seam

I can't wait to see what this year has in store!  Yay 2021!  Thanks for reading!

No comments: